Jesusluvsall recently nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, and it brightened my week. (See what I did there?) A special thank-you and shoutout to Jesusluvsall for the nomination! Per the rules of the award, in this post, I will answer the 11 questions posed by Jesusluvsall, list 11 questions of my own, and then nominate 11 other bloggers to pay it forward.
The Rules for Sunshine Blogger
- Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to him/her.
- Answer the 11 questions provided by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
- Notify the nominees by commenting on one of their blog posts.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
Jesusluvsall’s 11 Questions for Me
1. If I was invited to dinner at your home, what food would you cook? By the way, I have to eat gluten free 🙂
I’m not familiar with a lot of gluten-free recipes, but this Instant Pot Beef and Sweet Potato Chili recipe looks tasty!
2. What is your favorite place to unwind?
If I told you that, I would have to kill you…
3. What is your favorite animal and why?
Tigers. Ever since I was a kid, I’ve always loved Jasmine’s pet tiger, Rajah, in Aladdin, and even though I know they can rip my eyes out, they just look so damn cuddly and warm!
4. Where would you like to go on your next vacation?
Nashville, because I’ve never been there and I would take my younger sister who really wants to go there.
5. Read a book or watch a movie?
Depends on the book or the movie. If it’s a book about something like physics, then definitely a movie. If it’s a documentary film about the history of rocks, then definitely a book. (I’m currently reading Love, Lucy by Lucille Ball.)
6. If you could, would you like to travel in space?
Yes, as long as I could bring Sandra Bullock with me.
7. Beach or mountains and why?
This one’s tricky, because I like them both… I think I’m going to have to say beach, because I’ve had a lot of fun family vacations at the beach.
8. What is your favorite music?
I like anything and everything (except for rap), but I think Regina Spektor, Ben Folds, Christina Perri, Pink, and Kelly Clarkson are my favorite artists.
9. What is your favorite snack?
BACON. And chips and biscuits and Milk Duds and Wheat Thins and Spaghetti-Os and rice and pizza and fries and burgers and etc., etc., etc…
10. How do you like to celebrate your birthday?
As a full weekend (even if it’s the middle of the week). I spend part of it with friends, the other part with family, and I never make any gift or activity requests because I like to be surprised.
11. If Jesus knocked on your door to visit, what would you think?
I’d think, “Praise be, I made it to the end!” followed by, “Do I have any bread and wine in the kitchen??”
My Nominees if They Choose to Participate
- Courage Truth Love
- Whispers in My Ear
- Love, Geeky Girl
- The Art of Being Fabulous
- Novas Namaste 365 Online
- Novel Learning
- Mike’s HUMOR
- Writing with an Open Heart
- The Practice of Living Awareness
My Questions for My Nominees if They Choose to Participate
- Who is your favorite comedian?
- Are you a righty or a lefty?
- Can you pat your head and rub your belly?
- The ground starts to shake: what’s your first thought?
- If you have a pet, what are some of the weirdest things you’ve ever said to it? If you don’t have a pet, what are some of the weirdest things you’ve said to yourself?
- What’s your favorite part of your morning routine? (Other than hitting snooze and going right back to sleep.)
- Have you ever started your own business? (And do you have any tips for new startups?)
- If you had a baby koala, what would you name it?
- If you had to choose, chicken or beef?
- Which would you be most comfortable doing in front of an audience on a stage: singing “I’m Gonna Be” by the Proclaimers or dancing the Cotton-Eye Joe to Lady Gaga’s “Bad Romance”?
- If you had to choose: Coke or Pepsi?
I had fun with my answers and coming up with questions for this award. May you all have a sunny side up day (with a big side of BACON)!